Montevideo's Candombe-charged carnaval, Fiesta de La Patria Gaucha (the country's largest gaucho festival), Goddess of the Sea Celebration, and the mystical inspiration of Castillo de Piria are some of the unique features that Uruguay has to offer. Explore Punta del Diablo with its stunning shoreline and laid-back lifestyle, Salto's thermal baths, and Colonia del Sacramento - an irresistibly picturesque town on the Rio de la Plata for spectacular sunsets.
- Horseback ride through local estancias
- Paddle down Laguna de Jose Ignacio in a handmade canoe
- Ride Thoroughbred or Arabian racehorses on the beach
- Surf the waves of Punta del Este
- Learn polo from a professional
WHEN TO VISIT
The best time to visit is during summer months between October and March, temperatures are pleasant around 72 to 84 degrees Farenheit